Sunday, November 19, 2006

Extreme Makeover Home Edition!

Guess what? In Whitehall one of the nearby towns, they had Extreme Makeover Home Edition building a house for a family of nine. The reason they were redoing the house for them was that the father had been one of the firefighters at the Trade Towers on Sept 11th.

We went to visit the site on Tuesday and we got to meet two of the designers! First Tanya came up and we got to meet her and then Ed came up and we talked to him for a while. We also saw Tye (though only from a distance). It was a very unique experience:)

Do you remember when I said I was teaching Mulan how to turn? I was just telling my mom the other day that I couldn't really think of a place that we would be able to actually use the command.

But when we got our picture taking with Ed, Mulan had gotten turned around and was backwards and I had really wanted her face to be in the picture so I quicky commanded her to "turn" and she turned right around and plopped down! I was so happy that one of her commands actually paid off:) If you notice in the picture she is facing a little to the side that is a result of her turning at the last minute.

Today we went back to visit and see how the house had turned out. It was beautiful! Unluckily we were unable to stay and see the family arrive because it started sleeting! It was freezing! Welcome to Ohio. . . .


P.S. Go OSU!!!!!!!


The first picture is the day that they demoed the house and the second pic is of the house all finished. The last two pictures are of Cara, Mulan, and I with Ed and Tanya. The last pic is of Tye standing on top of one of the trucks they used for hauling the junk away. He is like a big kid! He crawled around all the wreckage when they were demoing the house and he loved it.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

WOW!!!!!! That's so exciting!! I LOVE extremem makeover home edition and ed and tanya and ty!! Though I must say, I think my favourite designer is Paul...he always gets so into everything :)

Yay Mulan for doing 'turn'!! We will definitely be watching for that episode, and we'll try to see if we can find you guys in the crowd :)

*~Amy~* said...

That sounds like such a neat experience! Polaris hasn't gotten to meet anyone famous except one coutry singer! Too bad you didn't get to see the people move in. I guess you will just have to wait to see their reaction when the show comes out. Cudos to Mulan for doing the "turn" command. Great training on both your parts.

Erin said...

Wow! How cool!!
BTW nice header!!

thepuppyraiser said...

ooo cool!
we don't really watch that too much anymore, but we'll try and catch that episode to see if we can spot you guys.
cool that the command finally came in handy, love it when that happens :)